I suggest you ...

Top Twitter trends listed on WTT are not the same as those on Twitter

Specifically, the weird #eggplant topic has been trending all morning (and probably last night). Its definition shows it to be an active topic but it's not listed in your top 10 or on the front page at all. Your list should really be in sync with Twitter's list, no matter how ludicrous the topic unless Twitter yanks the topic off its List.

15 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • nwjerseyliznwjerseyliz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They seem to always be hashtag topics. I search for them in the database & the topics are there, they just aren't on the main page. I'll try to notify you when it happens.

• Ingo MuschenetzAdminIngo Muschenetz (Admin, What The Trend?) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Double-checking now, it seems that the order is identical between Twitter & WTT. Our system grabs the latest 10 trends from Twitter and then shows that as the first 10 items on the WTT home page (and in the same order as Twitter). If it's not the same, it's a bug, and can you please alert us as soon as you see it again?

Feedback and Knowledge Base